Charles Griffen is an American IFBB professional bodybuilder. He rose to fame rapidly, winning several competitions along the way. Charles Griffin won the 2015 NPC Nationals heavyweight division weighing 217 pounds.
Early Life of Charles Griffen
Charles’s childhood was very active and strong. He grew up in Arizona, becoming heavily interested in games in his high school, playing football, baseball, and basketball.
While Charles loved football as a young boy, he wasn’t selected for any football teams in his high school as the trainers all said he was too small at 5 feet and 5 inches.
Charles’s mom was everything to him. She was his best friend, confidante, and life coach. So when she passed away suddenly at only 52 years old of a dissecting coronary artery in 2012, and he says that, to him, it felt like the “end of the world.”
Charles considers that his mother guided him toward bodybuilding and showed him that the sport could be an outlet for his fury and pain.
Bodybuilding Career of Charles Griffen
Charles Griffin became friends with a pro bodybuilder, and he slowly got Charles into the sport. He took Charles to watch pro concerts. Charles took eight years to obtain the level where he considered bodybuilding as his career.
In 2014, Charles prepared for the 2014 NPC Minnesota State, completing most of the preparation for the contest on his own. Charles requested IFBB Pro Tim Johnson to help him with the final cutting stage, and he approved. Charles managed to win the show that gave him his Pro Card through his hard work.
After winning these contests, Charles sat down with his trainer to discuss what his next move would be? They selected that Charles could probably go up to heavyweight.
Charles added 25 pounds of lean muscle with the help of Johnson. He returned to the USA and Nationals the next year as a Heavyweight and succeeded. By this, he landed his Pro Card and confirmed his position in history as a Light-Heavyweight champion.
Competition History of Charles Griffen
- 2021, IFBB Pro League, Tampa Pro, Men’s Bodybuilding – open, 3
- 2019, IFBB Pro League, Tampa Pro, Men’s Bodybuilding – open, 7
- 2018, IFBB Pro League, Olympia, Men’s Bodybuilding – open, 13
- 2018, IFBB Pro League, Muscle Mayhem Pro, Men’s Bodybuilding, 1
- 2018, IFBB Pro League, Indy Pro, Men’s Bodybuilding – open, 2
- 2017, IFBB Pro League, “Wings of Strength” Chicago Pro, Men’s Bodybuilding – open, 4
- 2017, IFBB Pro League, California Pro, Men’s Bodybuilding, 3
- 2016, IFBB Pro League, Ferrigno Legacy Pro, Men’s Bodybuilding, 5
- 2015, NPC, Nationals, Men’s Bodybuilding – Heavyweight, 1
- 2015, NPC, USAs, Men’s Bodybuilding – Heavyweight, 3
- 2014, NPC, Nationals, Men’s Bodybuilding – Light-Heavyweight, 12
- 2014, NPC, North American Championships, Men’s Bodybuilding – Light-Heavyweight, 7
Body Measurement of Charles Griffen
|Charles Griffen Weight||106 to 111 KG|
|Charles Griffen Height||5 Feet and 9 Inches|
|Charles Griffen Age||40 Years|
|Charles Griffen Arm Size||24 Inches|
|Charles Griffen Chest Size||51 Inches|
Diet Plan of Charles Griffen
Charles Griffin consumes an extremely healthy diet like protein, but he does throw a few imposter meals in now and then. While he knows it could be more beneficial.
Charles loves to get meat and prepared meals delivered directly to his house through a competent meal company. He prefers this way, as it lets him think about his workout rather than preparing endless meals.
He eats lean meats such as turkey, chicken, and fish such as cod and salmon. He is a big sweet potato fan. He also loves to eat a variety of rice and legumes.