As you age, various skin-related issues start to develop. Your skin begins producing less oil, which makes it saggy and dry. To avoid these horrible changes, you must start taking care of yourself from an early age.
Aging, sun exposure, and toxin exposure are the main causes of sagging skin on face, but it doesn’t stop there. With time, wrinkles, frown lines, and crow’s feet slowly start forming. Then your skin starts to sag from your cheeks, nose, chin, neck, arms, and other places on your body.
There are many treatments for this problem but you don’t need to put a lot of money on artificial products when you can take benefits from the natural products. Let’s look at some of the easy and natural home remedies for sagging skin:
Skin Tightening Oils
Oils are the most important nutrient for your skin and body. Using oils on your skin can reduce the sagging skin and aging signs. Try these natural oils to tighten your skin:
1. Coconut Oil for Skin Tightening
Coconut oil is extracted from the white part of a coconut. It has become a necessary part of many kitchens and can also be used to tighten your skin. It is full of Vitamin A which increases collagen production, keeping your skin wrinkle-free.
It also contains Vitamin E and fatty acids which increase the creation of new skin cells. The lauric acid in coconut oil helps to fix the damaged skin and also helps in hiding aging signs on your face. It is a natural product which helps to keep your skin soft and supple.
- Start with a teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Massage it on your skin for 4 to 5 minutes before bed. The massaging helps to push the coconut oil deeper into your skin where it can do the most good.
- Leave the oil on overnight to get better results.
2. Mustard Oil for Skin Tightening
Mustard oil tightens skin and makes your skin glow. The skin is rejuvenated as blood circulation is enhanced because of the mustard oil massage. The levels of vitamin E present helps in getting rid of aging and wrinkles.
- Microwave the oil until it becomes warm enough.
- Before taking a shower, massage the saggy areas or even your whole body with mustard oil.
- Massage in upward and circular motions for about 5 minutes.
- Take a shower to rinse it off the body.
3. Rosemary Oil for Skin Tightening
The rich concentration of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants in rosemary oil turn your dull skin into the bright and radiant skin and prevents premature aging. It is rich in carnosol and squalene, which slow down the skin’s aging process.
This essential oil improves blood circulation, and this, in turn, tones your loose skin. The antioxidants present to enhance the production of fibroblasts and improve the skin’s elasticity.
- Peel and grind a cucumber to get a soft and smooth liquid.
- Add rosemary oil to it and mix well.
- Apply this mixture on the face and other saggy areas.
- Leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes and then wash.
4. Almond Oil for Skin Tightening
Almond essential oil is rich in vitamin E and is known as a great moisturizer, which will help you to get rid of sagging skin and even stretch marks on your skin. This oil also is a strong antioxidant that may repair as well as renew your skin tissues.
Using it this way will make your sagging skin tighten up bit by bit, and keep it smooth and soft. Also, you can apply almond oil to other skin areas including your face.
- Take almond oil in your palm.
- Massage gently on the body upward circular motion till it gets soaked in the skin.
- Leave on for half an hour.
- You can do this every day initially, then on alternate days.
Skin Tightening Masks/Face Packs
Using face masks is also very effective but you don’t need to buy expensive and chemical filled face masks. Try out these natural masks for tightening the skin:
1. Skin Tightening Egg White Masks
One of the best natural masks is egg whites. You will get enough protein to support the collagen while getting a natural treatment to create firmer skin. Egg whites contain lipids, which help to lift the skin physically.
- Just whisk one to two egg whites, until it gets a foamy texture.
- Place the whites all over your face and leave for 15 to 20 minutes.
- It is like a morning face mask, perfect for after exfoliating.
While increasing the tightness of the skin, egg whites are helpful to close the pores when you are exfoliating. That means the pores don’t contain as much dirt and grime throughout the whole day. If you don’t want to use only the egg whites on your skin, you can add one to two spoons of plain yogurt. This offers more protein to help build up the collagen.
Also check: boiled egg diet
2. Banana Mask for Skin Tightening
Bananas are filled with a lot of potassium, zinc, iron, and various vitamins. All the nutrients work with each other to increase the production of collagen and improve the firmness of the skin. The moisture within the fruit also helps to soften and smooth the skin. You will also get plenty of anti-aging benefits, helping to keep the skin tight and soft.
- Take a ripe banana and mash it.
- Mix it with a few drops of fresh lemon juice.
- Use this mixture as a mask.
- Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
Easy Remedies to Tighten Skin
Natural remedies will help to enhance the effectiveness of the immune system for the skin. The skin doesn’t tolerate as many signs of aging, which also includes inflexibility and saggy skin. There are many different remedies but here are some of the easiest and effective remedies to get a firmer skin:
1. Coffee Grounds for Skin Tightening
Coffee is the necessary morning boost for millions of people. Not only can coffee help you refresh your day, but it can also be used to tighten your skin and prevent the signs of aging.
Coffee contains antioxidants that slow the signs of skin aging. When used as a scrub in combination with other substances, coffee exfoliates and firms your skin while at the same time working to smooth out and eliminate fat deposits.
- In a bowl, combine coffee grounds, brown sugar, cinnamon, and heat coconut oil to make it a liquid.
- Using your fingers and small circular motions, scrub your face and neck for a few minutes.
- Rinse the mixture off using warm water.
- Apply this scrub once a week.
2. Witch Hazel for Skin Tightening
Witch hazel is a plant that provides various health benefits, not least of which is to help tighten and heal aging and sun-damaged skin. You can easily purchase witch hazel online or at most drug stores or health food stores.
Witch hazel is used most widely as an astringent, where it works to close the pores and tighten skin. It also helps to slow the breakdown of the collagen and elastin within your skin.
- At night before bed, soak a cotton ball with witch hazel.
- Apply liberally to your face, and neck.
- Let it dry for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Do not wash your skin after it has dried.
For more healing benefits, apply another round of witch hazel to the same areas. Witch hazel is gentle enough that it can be used daily in place of an alcohol-based toner.
3. Aloe Vera Gel for Skin Tightening
Aloe vera is a natural moisturizer and contains malic acid, which improves the elasticity of your skin. Both of these properties together make aloe vera an effective and inexpensive treatment for sagging skin.
- To make an aloe vera mask mix one tablespoon of aloe vera gel, mayonnaise, and honey.
- Apply the mask to your face, neck.
- Let it dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse off the mask with lukewarm water. Because of the honey, you may need to scrub gently with a soft washcloth to completely remove the mask.
- Rinse your skin one more time will cool water, and then pat it dry with a soft towel.
4. Alum for Skin Tightening
Alum is a naturally occurring ingredient that has astringent properties and has been used in many anti-aging and anti-wrinkle skin creams. Alum can make your skin tight and remove wrinkles from it. Using alum for this purpose is very easy and effective.
- Grind some alum into powder and put in a container with a lid.
- Pour some clean water into the container and mix it.
- Put a cotton ball in the alum mixture and use it to apply the mixture on face.
- Allow to dry and leave for a few minutes before rinsing off.
You can do this before bed and leave overnight. If you would like to leave longer during the day, wipe off the white powder residue left by the alum. You will start to feel and notice a difference after some weeks of consistent usage. Alum causes dryness of skin too, so you will need to apply a light moisturizer after rinsing off the alum.
5. Exercise for Skin Tightening
Exercises are very helpful in tightening the skin and increasing the skin’s elasticity. The sweat caused by exercising helps a lot to detoxify the skin. Sweat usually includes the toxins that accumulate under the skin avoiding premature aging of the skin. Exercising also raises the body muscle mass making the skin to more tight. This does not mean you have to join a gym for a daily workout to get a firmer skin. Cardiovascular exercises that make you lose a lot of calories are not good for tightening up the skin.
Start doing light exercises that will help you sweat and stretch at the same time. You can do it in the morning before you take a shower or later in the evening when you are free. Apart from helping your skin, exercises are very necessary for keeping your body fit.
6. Lemon for Skin Tightening
Lemon is filled with vitamin C which plays an important role in the production of collagen. Collagen helps in bringing the skin muscles together keeping it away from sagging. Lemon is the main nutrient for the treatment of skin helping to avoid aging of the skin. It helps in decreasing the wrinkles on the face making older people have a young and glowing skin.
Here’s to use lemon for skin tightening:
- Extract fresh lemon juice and use it by rubbing all over the face in a gentle way.
- Leave it for 5 to 10 minutes and then rinse with water.
- Always use a moisturizer on your face after the wash.
- Repeat this process 2 to 3 times a day.
Fresh juice can also be added to some water and splashed on the washed face. The lemon should be left to air dry so that the lemon ingredients can be absorbed into the skin. This process should be done two times on a daily basis and you will notice a positive result after few weeks.
7. Honey for Skin Tightening
It’s not just great for working with other ingredients to tone the skin. Honey will work alone to keep the skin toned, cleaner, and healthier. Honey can feel sticky on your fingers. If you can forget it for the sake of your skin, you can use honey to add more vitamin C to your skin. Like with other options, the vitamin C will work with your immune system to improve your cell health.
- You can add a little honey to some olive oil to reduce the stickiness level.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to help increase the vitamin C in your skin. This is a vitamin that your body can’t create or store alone.
- Apply the mask to your face until it dries.
- Rinses off with some clean water.
- Use this 2 times a day for the best results to your skin. The oil will work with the honey to moisturize the skin.
Another way that you can use honey with the sour cream and apply it on your skin as a mask. This is the kind of treatment that you have to do weekly for the best results.
The above natural remedies will help you get the naturally tighter skin. There is no need to add different chemicals to your body or try any medical treatments. Nature is full of harmless and efficient benefits to help improve the texture and look of your skin.
While healing the sagging skin on face, the above natural remedies will add more nutrients to your skin. By trying these, you can avoid the horrible scars and get rid of acne forming. You can also add more smoothness to your skin, making it shiny and bright.
Only you can take care of your skin. You need to start working for it now to keep your skin firm and tight, completely decreasing the signs of aging.