Diogo Montenegro is a Brazilian IFBB Pro athlete and entrepreneur. Diogo competes in the Men’s Physique against the best bodybuilders in the world, such as Erin Banks, Brandon Hendrickson, Ryan Terry, and Ali Bilal.
His passion for bodybuilding began at 14 when Arnold Schwarzenegger and Frank McGrath inspired him. He set out on a mission to build a great physique and has become a rising star in bodybuilding.
Diogo Montenegro Early Life
Diogo Montenegro was born on January 28, 1991, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. His interest in bodybuilding started at the young age of 14 when he was first introduced to weights.
Inspired by bodybuilders like Frank McGrath, he trained to achieve an aesthetic and muscular physique. Originally, bodybuilding was just a hobby for Diogo, but his passion for the sport grew stronger as he continued to train and develop his physique.
Diogo Montenegro Bodybuilding Career
Diogo Montenegro’s bodybuilding career began in 2012 when he started competing. He won his debut show, the Rio Expo Nutrition, and his interest in bodybuilding grew.
In 2014, he earned his Pro Card, and in 2015, he made his Pro Debut at the Prestige Crystal Cup, winning 1st place and qualifying for the Mr Olympia contest.
As a Men’s Physique athlete at the 2015 Mr Olympia, Diogo finished in 16th place, motivating him to train harder.
In 2016, he had several top finishes, including defending his IFBB Prestige Cup Champion title and claiming 3rd place at the IFBB Tampa Pro. In 2016 Mr Olympia finished in 16th place once again.
In 2017, Diogo won the Europa Orlando and qualified for Mr Olympia again, but he finished in 16th place. However, he used these setbacks as motivation and continued to work on himself. This paid off at the 2018 Mr Olympia, where he finished 13th place.
In 2021 and 2022, Diogo Montenegro restarted to make waves in the bodybuilding world. He placed 2nd at the 2021 Musclecontest Brazil Pro in the Men’s Physique category and 1st at the 2021 Musclecontest Nacional Pro.
Later that year, Diogo competed at the 2021 Olympia Pro, finishing in 3rd place in the Men’s Physique category. He also won 1st place at the 2021 Puerto Rico Pro.
In 2022, Diogo continued his impressive streak, taking 3rd place at the Olympia Pro and 2nd place at the Boston Pro in the Men’s Physique category. He also finished in 3rd place at the Arnold Classic USA Pro.
In 2023, Diogo got 2nd place at the Arnold Classic 2023 in the Men’s Physique Category. Diogo’s consistent success in the competitive bodybuilding circuit has solidified his position as one of the world’s top Men’s Physique athletes.
Diogo Montenegro Contest History
- 2023, Arnold Classic USA Pro, Men’s Physique, 2nd
- 2022, Olympia, Men’s Physique, 3rd
- 2022, Boston Pro, Men’s Physique, 2nd
- 2022, Arnold Classic USA Pro, Men’s Physique, 3rd
- 2021, Musclecontest Brazil Pro, Men’s Physique, 2nd
- 2021, Musclecontest Nacional Pro, Men’s Physique, 1st
- 2021, Olympia Pro, Men’s Physique, 3rd
- 2021, Puerto Rico Pro, Men’s Physique, 1st
- 2020, Musclecontest Brazil Pro, Men’s Physique, 2nd
- 2019, Legion Sports Fest Pro, Men’s Physique, 5th
- 2019, Sacramento Pro, Men’s Physique, 2nd
- 2019, Los Angeles Grand Prix Pro, Men’s Physique, 10th
- 2018, Olympia, Men’s Physique, 13th
- 2018, California Night of Champions, Men’s Physique, 2nd
- 2018, Musclecontest Nacional, Men’s Physique, 1st
- 2018, Europa Orlando Pro, Men’s Physique, 1st
- 2017, Europa Dallas Pro Men’s Physique, 7th
- 2017, Miami Muscle Beach Pro, Men’s Physique, 2nd
- 2017, Toronto Pro Supershow, Men’s Physique, 3rd
- 2017, Europa Orlando Pro, Men’s Physique, 1st
- 2016, Olympia, Men’s Physique, 16th
- 2016, Tampa Pro, Men’s Physique, 3rd
- 2016, Pittsburgh Pro, Men’s Physique, 8th
- 2016, Europa Orlando Pro, Men’s Physique, 4th
- 2014, Arnold Classic Europe (Amateur), Men’s Physique – up to 172 cm, 1st
- 2014, Arnold Classic Europe (Amateur), Men’s Physique – overall, 1st
- 2014, Arnold Classic South America (Amateur), Men’s Physique – up to 175 cm, 1st
- 2013, Arnold Classic South America (Amateur), Men’s Physique, 2nd
Diogo Montenegro Body Measurement
|Diogo Montenegro Height||5 Feet and 7 Inches|
|Diogo Montenegro Weight||85 to 90 KG|
|Diogo Montenegro Date of Birth||January 28, 1991|
|Diogo Montenegro Age||32 Years|
|Diogo Montenegro Arm size||18 inches|
|Diogo Montenegro Chest size||47 inches|
|Diogo Montenegro Waist size||31 inches|
|Diogo Montenegro Religion||Christian|
|Diogo Montenegro Nationality||Brazilian|
Diogo Montenegro’s Net Worth
Diogo Montenegro is a successful bodybuilder and entrepreneur, and as of 2023, his estimated net worth is between $1 to $5 million.
His earnings come from his bodybuilding career and sponsorships. As he continues to compete and grow his brand, his net worth may continue to increase.
Diogo Montenegro Wife
Diogo Montenegro’s wife, Bruna, is also heavily involved in the fitness industry as a personal trainer.
She shares the same passion for fitness and health as her husband, and they often spend their free time together, whether it be working out or simply enjoying each other’s company.
Bruna is a dedicated trainer who helps clients achieve their fitness goals through tailored training programs and personalized nutrition plans.
Her commitment to helping others lead healthier lifestyles is evident in her work, and she is well-respected in the fitness community.
As a couple, Diogo and Bruna are known for their love and support for each other. They often post about their relationship on social media and share glimpses of their life.
Their shared passion for fitness and each other makes an inspiring team that motivates others to lead healthier and happier lives.
Diogo Montenegro Diet Plan
Diogo Montenegro follows a clean and protein-rich diet for most of the year to support his bodybuilding goals. He includes a cheat meal every two weeks to replenish his energy levels.
Diogo’s diet becomes more strict during contest preparation, sharply reducing his carbohydrate intake.
He eliminates all junk food and cheats meals from his diet during this time, stating that fast food does not exist for him during contest preparation.
Diogo Montenegro’s Training
Diogo Montenegro’s training style is focused on lifting heavy and hard during his off-season to build muscle mass. As the competition date approaches, he transitions to lighter weights with more reps to maintain a lean and tight physique.
He doesn’t follow any specific training program. Still, he focuses on exercises that give him the most intense burning sensation in his muscles, such as skull crushers, lateral raises, and cable chest cross-overs.
Diogo also enjoys listening to hardcore music, such as hardstyle EDM, before his workout to pump himself up for the session. He doesn’t listen to music during his workouts, preferring to focus solely on his exercises.
Diogo is 5 feet and 7 inches tall.
Diogo Montenegro is 32 years old as of 2023.